Thursday, July 3, 2008

drinking whisky and honey for y'all

02.01.08
Kings of Leon
Youth Group (support)

I've always liked a few of Youth Group's songs, but have never given them much thought or listened to an album. In saying that, I wasn't surprised of how good they were live. It was to be expected, I guess.

Kings of Leon. What more is there to say? Mel and I (and the thousands of others) were very excited when they finally took the stage. They performed a great set, and we were very impressed with the vigour of which they played. Especially Caleb, who was not 100% and his throat was poor. As he said, he was drinking plenty of whisky and honey for us. They played for only an hour and a half, but it was a an hour and a half full of unsuppressed exhilaration and relief of finally hearing them live again.


Me & Mel before going to the concert


The only semi-good photo I got of Youth Group








































Back in our awesome hotel.

Note: Entries to come over the next couple of weeks include the concerts (from the past 6 months) of 'Cat Empire Tour', Soundwave Festival, Jack Johnson, Bedouin Soundclash, Powderfinger, Angus & Julia Stone and the latest photos from my Minolta 35mm camera.

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

hello there....
aw, that's completely fine, i didn't design it unfortunately, but ofcourse!

kings of leon are absolutely amazing live!! i think they have been the best band i've seen live, and there's been a few!

thank you for your very sweet message! i'll be visiting your blog too

Unknown said...

WOAHHHH!!!
Great photos, you got some really interesting colours in some of them!

WISH I WAS THERE!
And of course, I can't wait to see some more concert photos!

Anonymous said...

I forgot how good your photos from that night were. I haven't seen them in so long. All the different colours make them all look so different. Yay for you and me taking these.