Sunday, July 6, 2008

do play my favourite songs, not music I'm told to like

15.02.08
Cat Empire Tour
Ash Grunwald (support)
The Beautiful Girls (support)
Blue King Brown (support)

It was a great concert, despite the rainy weather. Unfortunately, The Beautiful Girls didn't live up to my expectations and were a great disappointment. It didn't seem as though they were actually playing music, (I think they only played 2 songs for their whole set) just a bunch of noise. I'm unsure on whether it was their live style, or if there was something wrong with the feedback. All I can say is that each of the other acts performed extremely well with great sound. It was a big open venue, so plenty of room to move around and still be able to see the band. After a shitty crowd (pushing, bitching, a bit of elbowing, stomping on feet and hair pulling), I moved from near the front to just out of that crowd so I could breathe and regain colour and get my body moving and could still see the bands perfectly.

Blue King Brown and The Cat Empire were the better half of the concert with great attitude and atmosphere.


Ash Grunwald











The Beautiful Girls
I only got two photos before the crowd got a bit wild. I kept thinking, "it's only The Beautiful Girls!"




Blue King Brown






The Cat Empire

















I fell in love with Ross Irwin - the trumpeter in the white shirt

















3 comments:

Unknown said...

Again, great photos.
I'll have to check out some of these bands, I've never heard them before.
I also wanted to reply to the comment you left on my blog about Frankie. We have that magazine over here too! It's really hard to find, but I have an issue and it's HILARIOUS! I love the writing in it and most of the articles are written on the craziest subjects...Like a girl seeing how long she can live in her car for. I really really love it!

Anonymous said...

wow, that looks so atmospheric (does that word exist?). I love concerts like this!
anyways, thank you for your words on my paris trip, I am back now and loved it there!

Unknown said...

Guess what!
Blue Kind Brown are playing in Tofino on Wednesday! Listened to some of their stuff that a friend had and I can see myself getting into it!
The girls voice reminds me a lot of Santogold, who I love.